Being a member of the AdviceUK network means:
- Your organisation is recognised by relevant funders and regulators as being a member of an appropriate and established national body
- Access to discounted advice related products and services
- Exclusive support and information
- You have a voice at national strategic level
- You are part of a diverse community of independent advice organisations
You’ll have access to discounted products and services such as:
- Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) and Trustee, Director’s and Officer’s (TDO) Insurance
- Advice focussed Training and Qualifications
- AdvicePro Case Management System
- AdviceFinder – UK advice directory
- AdviceJobs – advertise and search for advice sector jobs
We actively seek to learn about the challenges your organisation faces and help give you a voice at a national strategic level to influence change. Our aim is to positively affect change within the advice sector as a whole, to support and strengthen your way of working and make a difference to your clients’ quality of life.
Membership of the AdviceUK network is open to any organisation that satisfies the membership criteria – ensuring a baseline of standards, but at the same time welcoming the great diversity of organisations providing help through advice. We recognise and value our members’ different identities and approaches in pursuit of common aims.
Partners and Associate Services
We also work with our Partners and Associates to extend the range of benefits available to AdviceUK Members. Find out more about our partners and associates.
AdviceUK is an approved Competent Authority on Debt Relief Orders
This means that advisers working for members of our network can apply to AdviceUK to become an Approved Intermediary under the scheme. As a Competent Authority, AdviceUK has the power to approve or decline applications and to continue to assess the suitability of applicants as intermediaries under the scheme.
Find out more about applying to be a DRO Intermediary .