Job title: Student Advisor
Organisation: Brighton Students’ Union
Location: South East
Job Role: Adviser
Closing Date: 8th September 2019
Job Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time
We are currently looking for an experienced Student Advisor to work primarily at our Moulsecoomb campus in Brighton. The Students’ Union covers all University of Brighton sites and travel to other campus locations will be required.
The Student Advisor is responsible for delivering information and advice for student life and delivering projects and activities relating to the work of the Support team, supporting and contributing to our strategic priority of providing support to students. Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate their knowledge and experience of:-
· Advising and supporting students on a wide range of issues.
· Managing a confidential and mixed workload.
· Gathering and analysing information.
· Providing excellent representation, negotiation and advocacy.
· Facilitating group sessions.
· The issues facing students in Higher Education (desirable).
· Confidentiality and data protection policies and procedure.
Alongside experience of working in a similar role, preferably within a Students’ Union environment, the successful candidate will need to have excellent listening skills with the ability to be able to evaluate and appraise client needs. They will need to have excellent organizational skills, the ability to engage with a wide range of people and be committed and dedicated to providing an excellent service
If you believe you have the skills and experience to take on this challenge, please click here for more details about the position, the benefits of working for BSU and how to apply.