Effective Supervision for Managers and Supervisors
- 23rd – 24th Oct 2019
Time: 9.45am to 4pm
Members £230, Voluntary sector £265 + VAT, All others £330 + VAT
Who is this course for?
This two-day course is for anyone responsible for managing staff or volunteers, supervisors and caseworkers, or anyone wanting to move into management within an advice service. You may have had no formal training and want to increase your confidence and effectiveness as a manager, or may just want to update or refresh your skills. Whatever your motivation, effective supervision contributes to the development of individuals and teams and promotes quality service provision and organisational development.
What does the course cover?
This course trains managers and supervisors in dealing effectively with difficult issues within advice work. You’ll gain an understanding of the role of supervision, appraisal and file review and of the Legal Aid Agency’s requirements in relation to these issues. The course introduces a range of supervision models and encourage trainees to be aware of the skills they can use in order to facilitate supervision.
What are the course objectives?
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand what supervision, appraisal and independent file review are
- Understand quality assurance requirements
- Be aware of skills used to facilitate the supervision and appraisal processes
- Understand the structure of supervision
- Understand the causes of conflict and how supervision can address it
- Be aware of how to introduce these systems to your workplace
You will explore:
- Developing supervision structures
- Choosing the most appropriate supervision models for your centre
- The skills used to facilitate supervision
- Fitting supervision and file review into your organisational framework to meet your centre’s aims and objectives
AdviceUK CPD hours – 10
To make a booking, please complete the booking form attached below and forward to us at AdviceUK, 101E Universal House, 88=94 Wentworth Street , Londno E1 7SA or send it by email to email@example.com
|AUK Training Booking Form||MS Word (46KB)|