Telephone Skills for the Advice Sector
Date: 14th August 2020
Time: 09.30 – 13.00 (including a short break)
Cost: £99 for AdviceUK Members, £125 plus VAT non-members, All others £145 plus VAT
Good telephone advice skills are important under normal circumstances, but when working remotely and social distancing means you cannot easily support clients face-to-face, then they are vital. This course is ideal for front-line staff wanting to gain more confidence with their telephone skills and exploring how they can better support clients.
What we’ll cover:
- The advice process – how to structure a phone call and why this is important in advice work
- Skills that we use – questioning, listening etc.
- Exercises and role play that focus on the above
- Understanding the barriers that clients may face and what we can do to assist with these
- A little on difficult situations that may be encountered and how to deal with them
There will also be some (manageable!) pre-work emailed out 1 week before the session, which will get you ready to engage with the course and consider some areas for discussion during the session.
To secure your place, simply complete the booking form at the bottom of this page and email it to email@example.com
Your place will be confirmed by calendar invite, which will include the information you’ll need to join the session.
Please do not forward/copy the invite to anyone inside or outside of your organisation – we need to know who is coming due to capacity and for security reasons.
|AUK Training Booking Form||Word (46KB)|