Telephone Skills for the Advice Sector
Date: 2nd and 9th February 2021 (both dates must be attended)
Time: 9.30am – 12.30pm both days
Good telephone advice skills are important under normal circumstances, but when working remotely and social distancing means you cannot easily support clients face-to-face, then they are vital. This course is ideal for front-line staff wanting to gain more confidence with their telephone skills and exploring how they can better support clients.
What we’ll cover:
- The advice process – how to structure a phone call and why this is important in advice work
- Skills that we use – questioning, listening etc.
- Exercises and role play that focus on the above
- Understanding the barriers that clients may face and what we can do to assist with these
- A little on difficult situations that may be encountered and how to deal with them
There will also be some (manageable!) pre-work emailed out 1 week before the session, which will get you ready to engage with the course and consider some areas for discussion during the session.
Prices: £99 for AdviceUK Members, £125 plus VAT non-members, All others £145 plus VAT
To secure your place, simply complete the booking form at the bottom of this page and email it to email@example.com
Your place will be confirmed by calendar invite, which will include the information you’ll need to join the session.
Please do not forward/copy the invite to anyone inside or outside of your organisation – we need to know who is coming due to capacity and for security reasons.
|AUK LTA Training Booking Form||Word (46KB)|