Mental Heath First Aid – 2 days
TBC – this course will be available from July 2019 onwards
This course is also available in-house
Prices (2 days) AdviceUK Members – £260, Voluntary sector £285 + VAT, all others £300 + VAT
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, designed to teach you how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health conditions and provide help on a first aid basis. The course is delivered by a quality assured instructor and can be attended by people aged 16 upwards.
How does MHFA help you to support people?
The course will:
- Give you a deeper understanding of the issues that impact on and relate to people’s mental health
- Teach you practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support.
Independent research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Encourages people to start a conversation with a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery. MHFA isn’t intended to teach you how to be a therapist, but you will be equipped as in the vital role as Mental Health First Aider.
To make a booking, please complete the booking form attached below and forward to us at AdviceUK, 101E Universal House, 88-94 Wentworth Street, London, E1 7SA or send it to us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|AUK Training Booking Form||MS Word (46KB)|