GDPR in the new normal – are you covered?
Date: 5th August 2020
Time: 10.00 – 13.00 (including a short break)
Cost: £65 for AdviceUK Members, £100 non-members
As advice services emerge into the ‘new normal’, what are the implications of new ways of working for data protection, confidentiality and client care? If you want to deepen your understanding of your responsibilities as an adviser, and what needs to be in place for your advice service at a time of massive change and disruption, this training is for you. We will be looking at:
- Data protection, the GDPR and COVID-19, what has changed?
- What should we watch out for when advising and supporting people remotely, whether by phone or online?
- Data breaches – what can go wrong, and what can we learn from those mistakes?
- What’s the difference between confidentiality, data protection and being authorised to act on someone’s behalf?
- Are we using consent to process personal data in the right way?
- How do our obligations in these areas fit with quality assurance standards?
- What can we do to manage the risks we might face?
- What practical steps can I take, in my advice service or organisation?
Trainers: Dal Warburton and Paula Beaton
To secure your place, simply complete the booking form on this page (it’s been tailored for this particular session, so please don’t use other AdviceUK forms).
Your place will be confirmed by calendar invite, which will include the information you’ll need to join the session.
Please do not forward/copy the invite to anyone inside or outside of your organisation – we need to know who is coming due to capacity and for security reasons.
We look forward to you joining us for what will be an especially useful session.