GDPR – Data Protection & Confidentiality for Scottish Members
“Very usefully, informative and interesting course”
“Trainer dealt with individual issues well”
David Harris, The Cameron Fund
GDPR- Data Protection and Confidentiality – An Overview
Course Date: TBC
Venue: Central Glasgow: Strathclyde University Students Union
The new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) have just come into force. These regulations are mainly designed to enable individuals to have better control over their personal data.
From 25th May 2018 there is a need to show that your organisation is taking steps to adhere to this new legislation.
There will be more stringent enforcement and increased penalties than the current Data Protection Act which it will supersede. There is no time to waste!
In order to help Scottish members we have organised two sessions in Glasgow’s Strathclyde University Students Union.
Supported by AdvicePro, we will be holding a morning session and an afternoon session. When you book please let us know which one you prefer:
Morning: 10am to 12.30pm
Afternoon: 1.30pm to 4pm
The sessions aim to cover:
- What should be in your policy
- What should be in your privacy statement
- The correct approach to data protection and the link to confidentiality
- Further sources of help and guidance will be signposted at the end of the session
Our trainers will also address:
- GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 – what is new and what does this mean for advice and support services?
- What should we be checking to make sure that we are working lawfully with personal data?
- Understanding the difference between communicating privacy information and getting consent…
- How do our duties of confidentiality and care relate to our data protection obligations?
- What do we need to document and how can we do this effectively?
- Data protection pitfalls and how to avoid them…
- GDPR – opportunity or drudgery?
- Advice is just part of what we do – what else should my organisation be aware of?
AdvicePro Customers: £75 Plus Vat
All others: £100 Plus Vat
Bookings via email@example.com or call us on 0300 777 0107
|AUK Training Booking Form||MS Word (46KB)|