Benefits for Vulnerable Adults: an Overview (1 day)
Course duration: 1 day
This course is only available in-house.
This course provides an overview of the benefit system focussing on benefits that can be claimed by vulnerable working age adults. The course will look at working age adults who are not currently working due to ill health or disability. The course is ideal for those who are new to benefits or who would like a refresher.
By the end of the course participants will:
• Have an overview of the main benefits available to working age adults
• Understand how these benefits interact including which benefits can be claimed alongside others and why other benefits may not be paid at the same time
• Be able to identify the key features of Employment and Support Allowance (and the equivalent support available through Universal Credit).
• Be aware of the key features of Personal Independence Payment.
• Understand the processes and time limits involved in challenging decisions
Trainer: Laura Morrell
|AUK In-House Booking Form||MS Word (49KB)|