Course duration: 1 day
Course date: 14th May 2019
Course time: from 9.45am
Cost: Members £100: Voluntary Sector £115 + VAT: All others £ 135 + VAT
This course is also available in-house.
This course provides an overview of the benefits system focussing on benefits claimed by older people. The course is ideal for those who are new to benefits or who would like a refresher and whose clients are older people.
Key learning outcomes
By the end of the course, participants will :
- have an overview of the main benefits that are available to people of state pension age
- understand how these benefits interact; including which benefits can be claimed alongside others and why other benefits may not be paid
- be able to identify key features of disability benefits that are available to Older People
- understand the basics of the means test and how this is applied to benefits for Older People
- be aware of life events which may affect these benefits of (for instance, going into hospital)
As the course is an overview, the course will focus on key features of appropriate benefits using interactive games and case studies to aid learning. The materials will include links to further resources/sources of information and support that people can access when assisting older people with their benefits.
Trainer: Laura Morrell
|AUK Training Booking Form||MS Word (46KB)|