Benefits of Membership
As with membership of any association body, the first and obvious benefit of membership is recognition – in this case as a bona fide advice provider and member of the appropriate national membership body. Membership signifies that your organisation works to baseline standards of operation or better; that you desire to have this known and that you are open to scrutiny. Relevant funders, regulators and other advice providers are familiar with AdviceUK and the other national advice networks and look for evidence of membership. Membership also entitles you to display the AdviceUK logo at your premises, on printed materials, on your website and in e-communications.
The second main benefit of membership is access to the support services available through the network. Having a collective membership market for support services has enabled us to develop and deliver a range of support for members at affordable prices – in some cases even free. Examples include training courses, qualification routes, insurances and case management software – plus members get at a discount of up to 30%. We also hold timely events to support our members understand the latest legislation, like our GDPR conference in 2018.
Advocacy and Influence
The third main benefit of membership is collective advocacy and influence at the national strategic level. A key part of our work is to represent the interests of our members and of people in need of advice to government and others whose powers and activities can positively or adversely affect the giving of advice. We engage regularly with government departments, executive agencies and commercial interests through forums, working parties and consultations and by making submissions and proposals.
When you join us, you become a member of the biggest network for independent advice centres in the UK. As a national body we represent your interests to stakeholders and the government and provide a voice to funders and supporters.
What do you get?
We offer many services and products tailored to the advice sector, and as a member you can benefit from discounts on all of them. Membership immediately provides you with AdviceUK recognised status and allows you to display your AdviceUK Endorsement through:
- Certificate of membership
- AdviceUK branded window stickers
- Access to AdviceUK merchandise
The benefits and services that come with membership include:
- Consultancy – Free visit from the AdviceUK Consulting team when first joining
- Information, News and Updates
- Email newsletters and postal mailings with information and resources on the latest products, events and developments
- Updates on grant funding
- Access to our Facebook page
- Regular Tweets with information about the sector and our services
- Options to have your films uploaded onto our YouTube Channel
- Support services, including:
- Free access to Wiseradviser training and the Specialist Support Unit for money adviser
- Free access to the Business Support Helpline
- Money Advice support
- Affiliate Memberships – Fast track application to NHAS membership for eligible our members
- Campaigning and Policy Work
- Networking – sharing sector knowledge
Additional Services open to Members, Associates and Affiliates only:
- Organisational support through our Consultants
- Access to apply to be approved as a Debt Relief Order Intermediary (through AdviceUK acting as a Competent Authority)
Discounts on Products and Services
We have numerous products and services offered at discount to members, these include:
- Consulting – across a variety of subject areas including:
- Organisational Structuring/ Strategic Planning
- Running your Organisation
- Financial Health
- Money Advice Consulting
- Customer Service
- Research & Insight
- Networking – sharing sector knowledge and access to our annual conference – with an AUK members discounted delegate fee
- Training & Qualifications
- Software – AdvicePro Case Management system
- Insurances – Professional indemnity, Trustees, Directors & Officers insurance
- Recruitment – Access to advertise on our Jobs in Advice site jobsinadvice.org.uk
- Advertising – across a number of web platforms including UK AdviceFinder, Jobs in Advice and parts of the main AdviceUK website
- Information Services – Access to UK AdviceFinder, our UK-wide directory of over 10,000 advice-giving organisations
- Media and Communications Support
- Discounted Services and Supplies – Telecoms and Stationery
Please go to our products and services section for more information on paid for services.
“Our membership not only plugs us into your excellent information services, but also links us to the wider network of organisations nationally.”