The vision of AdviceUK is to create a society wherein every individual, regardless of means, is able to access the advice they need in order to exercise their rights and deal with any legal and social welfare problems they may faceAdviceUK see that this can partly be acheived through:
- Promoting charitable purposes for the benefit of the public
- Provide co-ordination and support to independent advice services and by assisting them to make better use of the resources available to them
- Support advice organisations by helping them to be efficient, competent and effective and to campaign for a policy environment that supports advice agencies and people needing advice
- Advice members must give advice with the interest of the client being paramount
AdviceUK core values are rooted in a belief in:
- Flexibility and Innovation
Promote…charitable purposes for the benefit of the public……in particular by providing co-ordination and support to independent advice services and by assisting them to make better use of the resources available to them. At the heart of this: ‘Advice must be given with the interest of the client being paramount’.
To support advice organisations by helping them to be efficient, competent and effective and to campaign for a policy environment that supports advice agencies and people needing advice
The diversity of the membership and the groups they represent is well documented and AdviceUK has created a brand of the organisation that is led by the principle of being ‘Different Together’.
The different together principle also carries through into the family of services that AdviceUK have developed. The services are different in nature but the brand of AdviceUK and the purpose for creating them is the same – to help members to provide better advice services. The trust in the brand also allows members and others to feel comfortable buying AUK services.
Being ‘Different Together’ is represented by the logo’s different style of lettering which is intended to reflect the diversity of organisations within the membership and the client groups they support.
All commercial activity is designed to support AUK’s charitable objects and profits or surplus go back into the organisation and to help the members. Thus AdviceUK’s corporate strategy is designed to build a sustainable business group that complements and funds the charity’s work.
This will be achieved through:
- Increasing flexible income and resources
- Enhancing AUK’s independence
- Providing Leadership in the advice sector
- Adding greater value to advice provision
- Enhancing the impact and public value of advice
- The application of the Vanguard Method to improve the efficiency of customer systems and how to deal with customers
AdviceUK will need to continue to navigate between needing to raise capital and revenue; and but at the same time maintain the original intention and purpose of the charity.