Learning to Advise Training (10 days)
Mondays 20 May to 22 July 2013
(or Mondays 23 September to 25 November 2013)
Entire 10-day course: Members £565, Voluntary sector £630 + VAT, All others £750 + VAT
Individual modules: Members £85 per day, Voluntary sector £95 + VAT per day, All others £105 + VAT per day
Bundles: Members £350 for three 2-day specialist knowledge modules, Voluntary sector £400 + VAT, All others £450 +VAT
Who is this course for?
This course is for frontline advisers, including those going into advice work for the first time and those already working in the field. You'll gain an understanding of the whole sector and feel confident in giving better quality advice and making appropriate referrals. The single module option is particulary suited to advisers looking for an introduction to a particular area of social welfare law.
What does the course cover?
The course consists of five modules: advice skills, welfare benefits, debt and money advice, employment law, housing and homelessness. Each module maps against the knowledge requirements of the National Occupational Standards for Legal Advice; the relevant units are shown on the modules page.
The course provides you with the underpinning knowledge requirements for the Advice & Guidance vocational qualification and the Legal Advice vocational qualification at Level 3. If you would like to work towards your Level 3 with AdviceUK, you'll receive a 20% discount if you start within six months of completing the Learning to Advise course.
CPD hours - 5 per day (50 in total if you attend the full 10 week course)
- Day 1: Monday 20 May 2013: Advice Skills - day 1
- Day 2: Tuesday 28 May 2013: Advice Skills - day 2
- Day 3: Monday 3 June 2013: Introduction to Welfare Benefits - day 1
- Day 4: Monday 10 June 2013: Introduction to Welfare Benefits - day 2
- Day 5: Monday 17 June 2013: Introduction to Money Advice - day 1
- Day 6: Monday 24 June 2013: Introduction to Money Advice - day 2
- Day 7: Monday 1 July 2013: Introduction to Employment Law
- Day 8: Monday 8 July 2013: Introduction to Housing & Homelessness - day 1
- Day 9: Monday 15 July 2013: Introduction to Housing & Homelessness - day 2
- Day 10: Monday 22 July 2013: Advice Skills - day 3
To make a booking, please complete the booking form attached below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Member of the month
Offering free debt advice for the west Kent area with over a 100 hundred volunteers.View "West Kent Debt Advice Centre" profile
Search the web using EveryClickPowered by EveryClick