The GDPR Time Bomb…Are You Prepared?
The AdviceUK Events team is pleased to announce AdviceUK’s conference on GDPR.
The impending deadline of May 2018 for the full implementation of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replacing the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 is inching ever closer. As a result organisations across all sectors – including advice and charity – are facing a whole raft of compliance measures that could leave them facing fines of up to €20million or 4% of annual turnover.
The new legislation is designed to give individuals more say over what companies can do with their data and as a result introduces tougher fines for non-compliance and data breaches.
To discuss the issues advice and charity organisations are facing, AdviceUK have organised a conference in London on 12th April, 2018.
Key Topics Covered include:
- Beating the Countdown – GDPR the key changes
- Managing Consent – How to process personal sensitive data lawfully, understanding what personal data is, lawful processing looks like and how to gain and record consent
- Practice & Processes – demonstrate compliance and accountability – understanding who and how to record processing activities, data protection by design and when to use data impact assessments and good CRM management
- Data Breaches – Preparing for the Inevitable – how to take the appropriate steps to inform relevant parties, what constitutes a ‘high risk’ situation and understanding the sanctions for failure to follow guidelines
- Compliance Culture – Creating a Culture of Compliance in your organisation with effective staff training
The cost of a standard ticket is £350 Standard price plus VAT with a 30% Discount for AdviceUK Members
However, until 31st January, AdviceUK is offering a special earlybird ticket price of – £210 plus VAT.
For more information go to our campaigns page – The GDPR Time Bomb…Are You Prepared?
Or contact the events team direct at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0300 777 0107
AdviceUK – Making a Difference Together