Workforce Development and Training
The Workforce Development and Training workstream set out to develop a coordinated approach to workforce development and training by addressing identified needs across the advice sector. It also aimed to establish a national market place for workforce development and training resources.
Partners: AdviceUK, Age Concern, Citizens Advice, Law Centres Federation, and Youth Access
The workstream has coordinated 194 training sessions, which have reached 1920 participants. This is over double the original target of 800. The training delivered includes:
- 78 skills and knowledge sessions
- 65 manager training sessions
- 36 youth focused sessions
- 8 sessions for new entrants and
- 7 careers sessions for students.
Training sessions ranged from young people’s rights in the education system, to co-ordinating volunteers; from supervision skills to equality and diversity.
- The Manager’s Toolkit, which is an amalgamation of the Competency Assessment toolkit and Workforce Development Awareness pack, provides a range of practical tools/resources designed to help managers in advice centres to recruit and retain their staff more effectively.
- Skills Gaps and Career Progressions in the Legal Advice Sector identifies skills gaps within the sector, and considers some of the career progression routes within the sector.
- Youth work information sheets aim to inform and equip people who are considering working with young people.
- Qualifications for the advice sector provides an overview of current qualifications for people interested in working in advice.
Register of approved trainers
This register of approved trainers, workforce development specialists and individuals/organisations who can develop a range of training materials aims to provide members of advice networks and other organisations who have identified workforce development and training needs to contact trainers direct accces to the training they need.
This online resource provides updated information on forthcoming training courses on offer.
All of the above resources can be found on the Workforce Development and Training website: www.wtfatraining.org.uk
Member of the month
Offering free debt advice for the west Kent area with over a 100 hundred volunteers.View "West Kent Debt Advice Centre" profile
Search the web using EveryClickPowered by EveryClick