Professor John Milbank – Chair of ResPublica announced as keynote speaker for AdviceUK Conference 2018
Professor John Milbank, Chair of ResPublica, Director of the Centre of Theology and Philosophy at the University of Nottingham, and founder of the Radical Orthodoxy Movement, has been announced as keynote speaker at this year’s AdviceUK Annual Conference, which is being held in Nottingham on Thursday 11th October 2018.
Prior to his appointment as Director of the Centre of Theology and Philosophy at the University of Nottingham, Professor John Milbank was also the Research Professor of Religion, Politics and Ethics. Previously he held a Readership at Cambridge University and was a named Chair at the University of Virginia. He is the founder of the Radical Orthodoxy Movement and the author of many books, including ‘Theology and Social Theory’ and ‘The Future of Love’.
This year’s AdviceUK Annual Conference – Re:Adjust Advice & Justice, Professor John Milbank will help us try to answer the question:
“How can the advice sector reinvigorate social justice in a changing world of political and economic fragmentation?”
Providing the keynote for AdviceUK’s Conference 2018, Professor John Milbank will be joined by Broadcaster, Presenter and anti-modern slavery campaigner, Louise Hulland (BBC’s The One Show, Inside Out, Watchdog) as Chair.
AdviceUK has put together a conference programme with content designed to be inspiring, informative and relevant to advice centre managers, supervisors and advisers. We also welcome any interested attendees from other sectors.
A change from the usual venue, this year’s Conference will be hosted at the heart of Robin Hood Country in Nottingham.
The line-up for the day include:
- Louise Hulland, Conference Chair opening the conference and guiding us through day
- Followed by AdviceUK’s CEO Steve Johnson introduction to the plenary session and our keynote speaker Professor John Milbank
- Our workshops this year include:
- Universal Credit, Advice and Justice with Sarah Clarke of the Public Law Project, managing risk and the health of your organisation in the advice sector and effective signposting
- A closing plenary session will this year include a ‘Question Time’ style debate with our panel of advice sector experts including AdviceUK’s Chilli Reid and Debbie Webster from St Ann’s Advice Centre
- An exhibition area with exhibits from a wide range of voluntary, statutory and commercial organisations as well as members and associate members of AdviceUK
TO BOOK NOW click here AdviceUK Annual Conference 2018