Learning to Advise Training (Multi-Day)
“Trainer very knowledgeable – excellent training skills.”
Yumei Clark, Oxfordshire Chinese Community and Advice Centre
“Excellent course – found it most useful.”
Alison Lawson – Severnside Housing
Each year we run the entire programme three times. In 2019 it will be from:
- 26 Feb to 3 April 2019
- 4 June to 10 July 2019
- 5 November to 11 December 2019
Book ten days or more for the Learning to Advise certificate.
|Number of training days chosen||Members||Voluntary Sector||All Other Organisations|
|10 days||£565||£700 + VAT||£825+ VAT|
|11 days||£620||£750 + VAT||£875 + VAT|
|12 days||£665||£800 +VAT||£925+VAT|
Who is this course for?
This course is for front-line advisers, including those going into advice work for the first time and those already working in the field. You’ll gain an understanding of the whole sector and feel confident in giving better quality advice and making appropriate referrals. The single module option is particularly suited to advisers looking for an introduction to a particular area of social welfare law.
What does the course cover?
The course consists of five modules: advice skills, welfare benefits, debt and money advice, employment law, housing and homelessness. Each module maps against the knowledge requirements of the National Occupational Standards for Legal Advice; the relevant units are shown on the modules page. The course provides you with the underpinning knowledge requirements for the Advice & Guidance vocational qualification and the Legal Advice vocational qualification at Level 3. AdviceUK CPD hours – 5 per day (50 in total if you attend the full 10 week course)
Dates for the Spring 2019 course are:
- February 26 Advice Skills Plus Day 1 The Background
- February 27 Advice Skills Plus Day 2 The Process
- March 5 Advice Skills Plus Day 3 Handling Difficult Client Situations
- March 6 Advice Skills Plus Day 4 Introduction to Student Advice
- March 12 Introduction to Money and Debt Day 1
- March 13 Introduction to Money and Debt Day 2
- March 19 Introduction to Housing and Homelessness Day 1
- March 20 Introduction to Housing and Homelessness Day 2
- March 26 Introduction to Welfare Benefits Day 1
- March 27 Introduction to Welfare Benefits Day 2
- April 2 Understanding Universal Credit
- April 3 Introduction to Employment Law
To make a booking, please complete the booking form attached below and forward to us at AdviceUK, 101E Universal House, 88-94 Wentworth Street, London E1 7SA or send it by email to email@example.com
|AUK Learning to Advise – Single Modules Booking Form||Word doc (56KB)|