Yorkshire and Humberside
AdviceUK provides direct support to our members across Yorkshire & Humber, from assistance with strategy and planning, sharing fundraising opportunites, good practice between organisations, training and much more. Click here for more information on becoming a member, or contact your Development Consultant below.
Your regional representative for Yorkshire and Humberside is Sarah Collins. Tel: 07904 847381 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sarah works directly with advice centres but cannot give advice direct to the public.
If you're an individual member of the public looking for advice and support visit http://www.adviceuk.org.uk/want-help to find sources of help and support, or call 0300 777 0108 to find details of your local AdviceUK member agency.
- Do you need help with your fundraising strategy? Thinking about how to change your service to meet demand with less money? We can help you with one-to-one development support, offering an independent opinion and tools and resources, with extensive experience specific to the advice sector. Contact Sarah Collins for more information, email@example.com or 07904 847381.
- Bradford Advice Network & Training Partnership run high quality affordable courses in Bradford; some of these are free. Visit http://www.antp.org.uk/antptraining.htm for more information.
Meetings / Forums
- JobCentrePlus experiences:
- The DWP's Guide to Working with Representatives outlines how JobCentre staff should work with you: http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/repsguide.pdf . If this is not followed by your local office, please contact Sarah to discuss.
- Sarah attends the Regional JCP Partnership Meeting for Yorkshire & Humber, which looks at regional implementation of benefits delivery and JCP operations. Updates from these meetings will be circulated to members, contact Sarah for more information. The next meeting is in February 2012.
- Yorkshire & Humber Financial Capability Forum runs quarterly and is essential for organisations / individuals involved in providing financial capability as part of your service. For details of how to join, resources from previous meetings please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on financial capability work, click here.
- Welfare Rights adviser meetings: does your organisation give welfare rights advice? Click here to see details of NAWRA's regional networks for advisers.
- Money Advice Group Meeting - Yorkshire & North Lincs - please email email@example.com for more details and booking form.
- Are you interested in bidding for public sector contracts? Register with http://scms.alito.co.uk/ to receive details of all public sector contract opportunities across Yorkshire and Humber.
- Do you provide money advice or undertake financial capability work, or deliver training to disadvantaged groups? If so, have a look at the Santander Foundation website http://www.santanderfoundation.org.uk/whatwefund.aspx - grants of up to £10,000 are available nationwide, with grants of up to £30,000 available in selected areas, including Leicestershire and Rutland; Sheffield covering South Yorkshire; Bradford covering West Yorkshire.
- BLF's Reaching Communities Programme is remaining open for appplications. Click here for more information.
- Awards for All is a Lottery grants scheme funding small, local community-based projects in the UK. Grants are up to £10,000 and the application procedure is very straightforward.
- A targetted, advice specific funding bulletin is regularly produced for AdviceUK members. Click here for details of how to join. If you're already a member but haven't received your bulletin, please contact Sarah.
Member of the month
Offering free debt advice for the west Kent area with over a 100 hundred volunteers.View "West Kent Debt Advice Centre" profile
Search the web using EveryClickPowered by EveryClick