AdviceUK provides direct support to our members in the North East from assistance with strategy and planning, sharing fundraising opportunites, good practice between organisations, training and much more. Click here for more information on becoming a member, or contact your Development Consultant below.
Your regional representative for the North East is Sarah Collins. Tel: 0790 484 7381 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah works directly with advice centres but cannot give advice direct to the public.
If you're an individual member of the public looking for advice and support visit http://www.adviceuk.org.uk/want-help to find sources of help and support or call 0300 777 0108 to find your nearest AdviceUK member agency.
- Public sector contracts: register with North Eastern Purchasing Organisation (NEPO). You can specify which service areas you are interested in, and specific client groups as appropriate, and get information on new tenders from each (or all) local authorities across the North East.
Do you provide money advice or undertake financial capability work, or deliver training to disadvantaged groups? If so, have a look at the Santander Foundation website http://www.santanderfoundation.org.uk/whatwefund.aspx - grants of up to £10,000 are available nationwide, with grants of up to £30,000 available in selected areas, including Teesside covering the area from Redcar to Darlington and Sunderland
- BLF's Reaching Communities Programme: Click here for more information
- Awards for All is a Lottery grants scheme funding small, local community-based projects in the UK. Grants are up to £10,000 and the application procedure is very straightforward.
Meetings / Forums
- Are you involved in Financial Capability Work? Would you be interested in getting involved? The North East Financial Capability Forum meets quarterly and consists of advice organisations, housing associations, local authorities, credit unions, the FSA, local community groups and private sector funders. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Welfare Rights adviser meetings: does your organisation give welfare rights advice? Click here to see details of NAWRA's regional networks for advisers.
Member of the month
Offering free debt advice for the west Kent area with over a 100 hundred volunteers.View "West Kent Debt Advice Centre" profile
Search the web using EveryClickPowered by EveryClick