Learning from Failure Demand
This course is available as in-house, usually in the form of two half days
Prices on appliocation
New Approaches to Advice Services
- Struggling to cope with demand?
- Fed up putting right errors in public services?
- Drowning in reporting requirements for funders?
What really matters to the people who come to you for help and how could you set about changing things to do exactly and only that?
AdviceUK’s systems thinking training will help you untangle the red tape and re-focus on doing what matters. In the two ½-day sessions, we will explore the following themes:
- What gets in the way of doing what matters for your clients?
- Why is it like that?
- Walk a mile in my shoes – understand your service as a system, from the perspective of the people who use it
- Recognise failure demand, and use it to learn and improve
- Engage funders and partners to learn together, to implement a new purpose and principles.
The workshop takes place over two half-day sessions, 10.00 – 13.00 and you will need to attend both. Between sessions you will be asked to apply the learning from day 1 to collect some data from your own organisation for us to work with in session 2.
AdviceUK’s systems specialist, Simon Johnson, is a member of the Vanguard Network and has worked alongside Vanguard consultants in a range of settings, most notably with advice services. The Vanguard Method was devised by John Seddon to help leaders in service organisations understand their organisation from the perspective of the people who use it, challenging fundamental management beliefs about service design and improvement.
Who should attend?
The workshop is designed for organisation leaders – managers, project co-ordinators, trustees, and for commissioners in local authorities – those who have the ability to influence and implement change.
To benefit from the workshop you need to attend both sessions and commit to undertaking the data-gathering exercise in between.
For more information
If you have any questions about the workshop or Vanguard Method more generally, feel free to contact Simon Johnson for an informal chat on 07960 790946 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.