“The most informative and useful in-house training Scotscare received.”
Ralph Tingey, Volunteer Officer, Scotscare
“The trainer, Will, was very friendly and lively and good fun to learn with”
Nazia Khan, One Stop Advice
Can’t get to us? We can come to you!
In-house training, customised for your organisation, can be a convenient and cost-effective way to train a team of staff, volunteers or committee members.
All our training courses and modules listed below are available at a venue of your choice, either in their standard form or tailored to your requirements. Most of the courses can be adapted to your needs, and are usually run either as one-day or half-day sessions.
Please call us on 03333 404 370 to discuss your needs – a member of staff will be in touch.
In-house training for advisers:
- Dealing with difficult client situations
- Making the most of your volunteers
- Motivational interviewing
- Supporting clients with mental health issues
In-house training for managers, coordinators and other staff
- Advice giving for non-advice agencies
- Case and file management
- Coaching and mentoring
- Managing change
- Managing your team
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Strategic and business planning
- Building collaborative relationships
Other bespoke programmes:
- Fast-TRAC programme for trainers
- Working with substance misuse
- Introduction to Money Advice Training for Local Authorities and Housing Associations
- Money Advice training for HAs and LAs
If there are areas above that don’t cover your requirements, please let us know.
Our in-house courses are charged as below:
AdviceUK Members: £750
Other Voluntary Sector agencies: Please ask us for details
All others: Please ask us for details
In-house training request form (43 Kb)