IMA Money Advice Awards 2017
AdviceUK Members Sweep the Board at IMA Money Advice Awards
AdviceUK members win awards across all categories at the IMA Money Advice Awards showing how they are improving the lives for people in debt
AdviceUK is proud to announce that their members have been recognised for their work; winning awards for Money Adviser of the Year, Debt Team of the Year and being part of the team that won awards for Best Partnerships at the IMA Money Advice Awards earlier this month.
The winners achieved their recognition across three different categories:
Charter Housing Moneysavers – Charter Housing Association as Debt Team of the Year
- Charter Housing Moneysavers are based in Newport, South Wales,
and provide holistic service, encompassing debt prevention, solutions and referrals, social policy lobbying and outreach work
- Charter Housing Association have been a member of AdviceUK since 2015
Andrew Hamilton, Community Advice and Law Service as Money Adviser of the Year
- Community Advice and Law Service have been a member of AdviceUK since 2002
- Andrew works as a debt caseworker and welfare benefits adviser for Community Advice and Law Service, based in Leicester
- His work includes outreach with prisoners and probation, advising clients with drug and alcohol dependencies and people with Motor Neurone Disease, and working with Legal Practice Course placement students
Money Advice West won the award for Best Partnership
- The partnership is a Money Advice Service (MAS) funded debt advice group consisting of advice charities based in Bristol and surrounding counties
- The partnership comprises a number of advice agencies in the west and of that partnership, a core collection of those agencies, including GL Communities, North Bristol Advice Centre, South Bristol Advice Centre, St Paul’s Advice Centre and Talking Money are all AdviceUK members
- Each agency provides free specialist debt advice to the local community using face-to-face, telephone and digital means
The IMA Money Advice Awards have been awarded annually since 2009 and recognise excellence and best practice in the free-to-client money advice sector, where IMA members work to help those with problem debt.
David Hawkes, AdviceUK’s National Money Advice Co-ordinator said:
“The awards are highly regarded in the sector, and AdviceUK is very proud to have so many of our members recognised for the valuable work they do for their clients, including people in vulnerable circumstances and people in need”.
AdviceUK was set up in 1979 and for almost 40 years has been helping members to achieve high standards in the provision of advice through training and qualifications, consultancy and a wide range of services uncluding AdviceUK’s own AdvicePro Case Management System and a variety of insurances.
For Further Information please contact:
Our membership team on:
0300 777 0107 / 0300 777 0108
AdviceUK – Making a Difference together
Find out more about AdviceUK: