Key Skills for Reception Work
“Really enjoyed it.”
Sarah – Ipswich and Suffolk CRE
“Trainers friendly, knowledgeable and interactive.”
Rebecca – Racing Welfare
15 November 2017 9.45am to 4pm
(also available as an in-house course)
Members £100, Voluntary sector £115 + VAT, All others £135 + VAT
Who is this course for?
This course is for frontline staff who are the first point of contact with the public, service users or clients where advice is being given. This includes receptionists, telephonists and volunteers who deal with clients, visitors and customers.
What does the course cover?
This one day course provides you with an overview of the skills and knowledge required to be successful in your organisation’s reception role. It covers key principles such as confidentiality and equality & diversity. It also offers the opportunity to practice and enhance your communication skills and explore how to deal with difficult client situations.
By the end of the session you will have:
- Considered the background to advice work and understood the difference between information abnd advice
- Defined your role as an advice reception worker
- Identified and practiced key reception skills such as interviewing clients
- Practiced and enhanced your communication skills
- Seen the most appropriate use of signposting and referring
- Discussed how to deal effectively with common challenges that present themselves on reception
AdviceUK CPD hours – 5
To make a booking, please complete the booking form attached below and forward to us at AdviceUK, 101E Universal House, 88-94 Wentworth Street, London E1 7SA or send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Training booking form (42 Kb)