Organisation:Community Law Service
Location: East Midlands
Job Role: Adviser – Legal
Salary: £15,001 – £20,000
Closing Date: 4th July, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: NESS/FHA
Working Hours: Part Time
The Service is a large not for profit provider of specialist advice and representation across a range of social welfare law areas. We are seeking an experienced advisor to join our Fuel Poverty Team to provide specialist Benefits, Debt and Energy Advice for clients.
You will provide the following services for fuel poor households:
- Welfare Benefits advice and casework and maximisation of Welfare Benefit income .
- To provide representation/support for benefit appeal tribunals
- To maximise support for households through utility company grants and from other charitable sources.
- Debt advice and casework with a focus on reducing/writing off energy debts including referral for /administration of Debt Relief Orders/Bankruptcy applications..
- Financial capability support e.g. budgeting advice.
- Energy efficiency advice and the supply of energy saving devices as appropriate
- Support for households to identify cheaper energy tariffs including switching supplier
- Referrals for Warm Homes Discounts and the Priority Services Register
- A mixed model of service delivery which is responsive to client needs including advice centre and outreach venue appointment, home visits and telephone/email advice.
- Referrals to Care and Repair for home measures as appropriate.
- Referrals for measures through ECO LA Flex
- Referrals to other support services as appropriate
The post is for 28 hours per week worked over 4 days.
Post based in Northampton with travel to Countywide outreach venues as required. Own transport required.
For further information or to download an application pack please visit www.communitylawservice.org.uk