Organisation: Durham Students’ Union
Location: North East
Job Role: Adviser – Students’ Union
Salary: £20,001 – £25,000
Closing Date: 18th May, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full Time
Durham SU exists for a purpose: We’re the champion of every Durham student. We’re interested in the things that matter to them. We stand up for their rights. We bring them together. We celebrate their success.
We are recruiting an Advice Coordinator who will deliver a high quality advocacy and self-help service, through managing a personal caseload and by supporting the development of volunteers and resources to address common and simple queries. The Advice Coordinator will support Durham SU to protect and extend students rights and:
- Provide students with independent and specialist advice and representation, with an active personal caseload.
- Provide advocacy or personal support as necessary for students in University hearings and committee meetings.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the advice service through a reflective approach to personal development, and maintainence of knowledge and networks.
- Identify opportunities to tackle systemic problems for Durham students through analysis of casework and engagement with sector networks and research, and integrate this insight within the wider Policy Team and Campaigns Directorate.
- Liaise with the University and other relevant agencies to develop a proactive, collaborative, and inclusive approach to student advice and welfare.
- Maintain appropriate networks with local and national support services, referring students to other appropriate sources of help where necessary.
- Provide advice on the Durham University regulatory and disciplinary frameworks to student leaders and the Senior Leadership team, as they relate to Durham SU campaigns and the service.
- Offer professional expertise in the development of resources for students to use to help themselves to address common and simple queries.
- Coordinating student advice triage staff members and other student volunteers working with the service.
For further information on this role please download the full job description and person specification below.
If you would like to appy for this position please submit a cover letter, demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role, and CV, to Claire Marshall email@example.com no later than midday on Friday 18th May 2018.
For more information please view the pdf below: