Becoming a Member
Does your organisation provide social welfare advice (or information)? Do you fulfill the current membership criteria? Then you might already qualify for membership with AdviceUK. Find out about becoming a member here.
Why should we join?
There are many reasons why you should become a member of the biggest network for independent advice centres in the UK. As a national body we represent your interests to stakeholders and the government and provide a voice to funders and supporters. We offer many services and products tailored to the advice sector, and as a member you can benefit from discounts on all of them – helping you run better, more efficient services, and giving you the freedom to concentrate your efforts and resources on the people you help every day. Any money we make goes into providing more resources for our members.
“Our membership not only plugs us into your excellent information services, but also links us to the wider network of organisations nationally.” – Luton Law Centre
What do we get?
As a member you can get the following at no extra charge:
- Email newsletters and postal mailings with information and resources on the latest products, events and developments
- Business Support Helpline
- Free visit from our development team when you first join
- Apply to be approved as a Debt Relief Order Intermediary (through AdviceUK acting as a Competent Authority)
- Free access to wiseradviser training and Specialist Support Unit for money advisers
- Fast track application to NHAS membership for eligible AdviceUK members
You also receive a discount on our products and services, including:
- AdvicePro, our case management system
- Training and NVQs
- Recruitment advertising on the Jobs in Advice website
- Discounted services and supplies – telecoms and stationery
- Professional indemnity, legal assistance & expenses and trustees, directors & officers insurance
- UK AdviceFinder, our UK-wide directory of over 10,000 advice-giving organisations
See the documents at the bottom of this page for a more detailed explanation and overview of the benefits of being an AdviceUK member.
What do we have to do to apply?
Download, fill out and send back the application form below.