Adviser – Welfare Benefits – Sangam Association of Asian Women
Organisation: Sangam Association of Asian Women
Job Area: Adviser – Welfare Benefits
Salary: £20,000 – £22,000 pa pro rata
Closing Date: 27 November, 2017
Job Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Part Time Job Ref Number: 1693 Closing Date: 01-12-2017
Hours per week: 20 hours (alternate Saturday)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Provision of advice and casework
- Interview clients, using sensitive listening and questioning skills in order to allow clients to explain their problem(s).
- Use Citizen’s Advice Information System, Advisernet, to find, interpret and communicate the relevant information.
- Explore options and implications so that the client can make decisions.
- Negotiate with third parties, including statutory and non-statutory organisations as required.
- Act for the client where necessary by calculating, negotiating, drafting or writing letters and telephoning.
- Provide advice at Sangam Centre
Planning and development
- With the Sangam team, keep service delivery under continual review and identify need, to ensure that the service reaches all the different groups within Barnet and surrounding boroughs
- Responsible for provision of monthly reports to the Charity Manager and Management Committee.
- Provide talks and information for and on behalf of Sangam, and to other Agencies as required
- To be involved in publicizing Sangam service
Social Policy and Monitoring
- Assist with social policy work by providing information about clients’ circumstances through the appropriate channel.
- Provide statistical information on a regular basis.
- Keep up to date with legislation, case law, policies, and procedures and undertake appropriate training.
- Attend appropriate internal and external meetings as agreed with the Charity Manager
- Read appropriate publications
- Prepare for and attend regular supervision sessions.
- Be self-servicing
- Maintain detailed case records for the purpose of continuity of casework, information retrieval, statistical monitoring and report preparation. Ensure that all work conforms to the Sangam systems and procedures.
- Use IT for document production and inputting data on AdvicePro Case Management System
- To work effectively as part of Sangam team.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Promote the aims, policies, membership requirements and equal opportunities policies of the Sangam service.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the Development Manager to ensure the effective provision of the service.
- Abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for own safety and that of colleagues.
- Attend evening meetings as necessary
- Travel within London as necessary
Please contact us on 020 8952 7062 or email us on email@example.com for job application pack