Advanced Skills in Advice
5 July 2017 – Birmingham – 10am to 4pm
Members – £100, Voluntary sector £115 + VAT, all others £135 + VAT
“Definitely recommended. Very interactive. great to take some time and constructively reflect on my practice” Natasha Pearce, Terrence Higgins Trust
“Great course…trainer very knowledgeable” Brian Taylor Cardiff Metropolitan University
This practical one-‐day course is for experienced advice practitioners wishing to reflect on their personal practice and explore alternative approaches to helping people.
- Review and apply the 6 stage advice process and the key skills within it
- Define types of adviser models and techniques for helping people
- Develop greater self-awareness
Proposed Content: What is effective advice?
- Review of the six stage process
- What are the key skills and approaches that help us to advise challenging clients?
- What does an effective adviser look like?
Ways of approaching advice
- What sort of adviser are you?
- Organisational culture & its impact on work practice
- Transference & displacement as psychological phenomena in advice work
Staying well, staying happy
- Tools & techniques for effective de‐briefing after challenging situations
- How to embed a practice of reflection and team-‐support
To make a booking, please complete the booking form attached below and forward to us at AdviceUK, 101E Universal House, 88-94 Wentworth Street, London, E1 7SA or send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Training booking form (42 Kb)