Advanced Skills in Advice
18 May 2017 – Cardiff – 9.45am to 4pm
5 July 2017 – Birmingham – 10am to 4pm
Members – £100, Voluntary sector £115 + VAT, all others £135 + VAT
“Definitely recommended. Very interactive. great to take some time and constructively reflect on my practice” Natasha Pearce, Terrence Higgins Trust
This practical one-‐day course is for experienced advice practitioners wishing to reflect on their personal practice and explore alternative approaches to helping people.
- Review and apply the 6 stage advice process and the key skills within it
- Define types of adviser models and techniques for helping people
- Develop greater self-awareness
Proposed Content: What is effective advice?
- Review of the six stage process
- What are the key skills and approaches that help us to advise challenging clients?
- What does an effective adviser look like?
Ways of approaching advice
- What sort of adviser are you?
- Organisational culture & its impact on work practice
- Transference & displacement as psychological phenomena in advice work
Staying well, staying happy
- Tools & techniques for effective de‐briefing after challenging situations
- How to embed a practice of reflection and team-‐support
To make a booking, please complete the booking form attached below and forward to us at AdviceUK, 101E Universal House, 88-94 Wentworth Street, London, E1 7SA or send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Training booking form (42 Kb)